Thursday, February 28, 2008

Too bad, so sad.

I was uploading more photos to my flickr account, when I received a horrific message:

"You've run into one of the limits of a free account. Your free account will only display the most recent 200 photos you've uploaded. All of your photos beyond 200 will remain hidden from view until you either delete newer photos, or upgrade to a Pro account.

None of your photos have been deleted, and if you upgrade, they'll all come back unharmed."



What is this all about?? I had no idea that I only had a 200 photo limit! This is so sad. Since I use flickr mostly to store my important etsy images, and others to save my computer some space, it seems like they are giving me no other choice! Has anyone else run into this problem?

5 comments:

Beadaciously Yours said...

I was not aware of the Flickr limitations either. I am glad to find this out, but sure am sorry to hear about your situation. Photobucket also hosts photos for free, but they may have a limit also. I really like your blog. The header with the flowers is awesome. Great way for me to start the morning, looking at your pretty flowers.

Beyond the RockZ said...

Wow ... I have a free flickr account too and didn't know about this! Sorry to hear the news, but thank you for blogging about it!

www.beyondtherockz.com

Sweet Freedom said...

Yep. Got that message about 3 weeks ago, and felt the same way you do - like I was being held hostage. I stewed about it for 24 hours, then forked over the money for a Pro account. Everyone in the Etsy forums kept going on and on about how many more benefits you get with the Pro acct, but all I see is the ability to post more pics. So far, I am up to over 500 now!

GiDu said...

Yeah I think I am going to have to either open a new account with just etsy photos or just upgrade to pro. I just don't want to have to deal with this issue again. Thanks all for your comments!

greenbean art said...

yep... you can only upload a certain mg worth a day or a month... however, for $25 for a whole year, its really worth it!! you can upload a bazillion photos and never run into that problem... also you can have a bazillion sets too [whereas you are only allowed 3 with the free]... the free account is wonderful to start but its definitely worth upgrading... i waited awhile at first but am so glad... it's worth it :) and such beautiful photos of your grandparents!!! i've only seen 2 photos of my grandparents and wished there were more... same for my parents...

greenbeanbaby.typepad.com