Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Holidays are officially over.

I finally finished my boyfriend's slippers. They turned out good, he says that they are comfortable! So that's a good sign. My next knitting adventure, is a knit wristband for my friend Tommy from work. We all picked secret santas at work, and I picked Tommy's name. The work Christmas party is tomorrow night. So I am knitting him a gray wristband and I will sew "guns" in black yarn on it b/c his nickname is Tommy Guns. He plays in a band, so hopefully it will have this punk rock look to it.

Some girls from work and I are starting our own Stitch n' Bitch! I think tonight we are having our first official meeting. I have to make a few calls to the girls to make sure they are coming! I am so excited! I think we will have meetings every Tuesday night and work on projects together! More on that later.

I was in Barnes and Noble, one of my favorite stores, and I got lost in the knitting books! There were so many good knitting books that I wanted to buy! But I must stay away because I have spent so much money recently on yarn! I have to start budgeting. So instead I bought "The Diary of Marie Antoinette" which I started reading earlier this afternoon. I told my boyfriend that I haven't been reading as much because I have been knitting more, but if I get audiobooks then I can get my knitting done as well as my literature!

New years resolutions
1. work out and lose ten pounds! (everyone wants to lose weight)
2. keep the job hunt going
3. read more books
4. knit of course!

No comments: